“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Spritz


This is not a recipe as such, just a beverage I feel needs to be shared with you.  It is a drink I delight in once a day, and introduce to all that come to visit me!  This drink is served during "aperitivo" in Italy, a ritual most Italians participate in to enjoy a pre-diner drink and snack.   You can find people young and old delighting in conversation at one of the many bars around Italy enjoying a Spritz.  It is more common to see people drinking it in the North of Italy as it is originally from Venice.  It can be served with Campari or Aperol, I prefer the sweetness of Aperol!  It is the PERFECT drink to enjoy on a hot summer's evening.
What you need:
Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine)
A dash of Aperol (or Campari)
Top with sparkling soda water
Slice of orange

Serve in a low ball or wine glass over ice.

Salute!



No comments:

Post a Comment