“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Biscotti di San Valentino- Saint Valentine's Day biscuits

This recipe is for all you romantics out there. I personally have never been one to celebrate Valentine's Day (San Valentino), and I am not just saying that because I find myself loveless today (in the sense that there is no man). Trust me I have had my fair share of "ti voglio bene", "ti amo", "sto innamorato" (all different forms of saying I love you)- all superficial and nothing worth mentioning here. So I find myself sharing my day with my one true love, the kitchen! These biscuits will be shared with my friends probably over a coffee! Whether you choose to cook these for your Husband, boyfriend, Wife, girlfriend, lover, mistress, family or friends- I am sure they will be impressed. Also, you will be impressed with how simple they are to make- I whipped them up within half and hour. Not only are they simple but they are crispy good with a zesty zing! Wrapped them in a cute box with some ribbon as the perfect sweet gift for your someone special. Happy Saint Valentine's Day!!
What you need:
400g flour 
250g butter
150g sugar
four egg yolks
zest of one lemon
How to make:
1: Sift the flour into a large bowl. Use your finger tips to rub in the room-temperature butter into the flour to resemble breadcrumbs.
2: Add the remaining ingredients and combine all together. Once combined, transfer to a lightly floured bench and knead lightly to form a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
3: Remove sections of the dough and roll on a well floured surface. Use a love-heart cutter (or desired shape), then place shapes on a oven tray lined with baking paper.
4: Place in a pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degrees for roughly 10 minuets.
#buonadomenica #viareggio #cibo #italia #italy #tourism #turista #versilia #toscana #tuscany #kara #bellavita #biscuit #biscotti #amoremio #cuore #sanvalentino #valentinesday #tiamo #iloveyou #chepalle 

No comments:

Post a Comment